Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sometimes

Sometimes I curse the stupidity of people, sometimes I'll read a complete stranger's blog and I'm moved by the raw emotion they put out there for the entire world to see.

Sometimes I look at my life and wonder if it'll ever get better, sometimes I look at my life and think that I've got it pretty good.

Sometimes I couldn't care less about the direction the country is going, sometimes I want to fix every problem I see.

Sometimes I really miss smoking and drinking, sometimes I'll look at the bank account balance and think that I'm glad I don't do that stuff anymore.

Sometimes I'll wake up wishing I didn't have to go to work, sometimes I'll think about how lucky I am to have a good job.

Sometimes I worry if my teenage boys are really okay in these fragile years of theirs, sometimes I'm really impressed by how much character they have.

Sometimes my wife really gets on my nerves, sometimes I think that there's no way I'd survive without her.

Sometimes I look at my 19 month old daughter and wonder if I'm really as good of a father as I can be, sometimes she comes over and hugs me and I'm instantly given the answer.

Sometimes I look back at the old days with regret, sometimes I look back at the old days and remember the fun.

Sometimes I worry about the future, sometimes I can't wait to see what it brings.

2 comments:

  1. This is, by far, the most heartfelt, lovely post I have ever seen you write. And for me the best part about what you've written is that it shows me a side of you that I hardly ever get to see anymore. The side of you that still has hope left. The side of you that still sees the sunshine.

    I love you, lemonpie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing Ariel sleeping was the inspiration behind it, and writing it was very cathartic. Love you too, dear.

    ReplyDelete